Students interested in taking subjects at the Faculty of Sciences that are not within a bilateral exchange agreement are offered the opportunity to do so for a fee.
The interactive VU Study Guide provides information about the programmes and courses of VU University Amsterdam.
- A student is admitted to a programme following an admission interview with the Master’s coordinator/study advisor for the programme, and provided the examination board has granted its approval.
- At the admission interview, the student is obliged to submit certified copies of their lists of marks, their diploma(s), and a CV.
- On the basis of these documents, the Master’s coordinator/study advisor will advise the examination board on whether or not to grant the candidate a place on the course.
- The fee is € 160 per credit
- The total amount should be paid before commencement of studies. You will be sent an invoice for the fee.
- Attending lectures, supervision by a lecturer, use of the computer facilities, taking interim examinations and receipt of a certificate of attendance are all included in the fee.
- Students can take a maximum of 18 credits a year in contract education.
- Participation in intensive course components, such as Master’s projects or student placements, is not possible.
- No degree or title will be awarded.
- Where necessary, the student is required to organize their own accommodation and/or an authorization for temporary stay (MVV) or residence permit. The education office is not able to assist in these matters.
- It is not possible to apply for grants or fellowships from VU University Amsterdam or the faculty in question.
- We are not able to assist you in applying for other grants.
Application and information
Education Office Falculty of Sciences