The master Prevention and Public Health provides tools for planning and designing theory- and evidence based health intervention programmes. The master also provides tools for evaluation research of these interventions.
Examples of interventions that will be studied during the master-specialization Prevention and Public Health:
- A program to promote the consumption of fruit and vegetables at primary schools;
- A mass media campaign to prevent alcohol abuse;
- An intervention with individual counseling to quit smoking for heart patients;
- A group intervention to prevent the development of a severe depression among people with light symptoms of a depression;
- A program with sms-messages to enhance compliance to the medical regiment among HIV-patients;
- An intervention at worksites to prevent overweight: nutrition education for employees and changes in the food supply of the canteen.
The following courses are part of the master Prevention and Public Health:
- Care and prevention research (compulsory)
- Health Promotion and disease prevention (compulsory)
- Health Psychology
- Prevention and Policy
- Communication campaigns and research
- Prevention of mental health problemls
- Internship (five months)